The Screenplay Marathon in JUNE is about to start!
The basic principle:
Just stick it out :-)
If you write an average of 3 script pages per day for 30 days, you will end up with a 90 page script. This is the so-called "Vomit Draft" - throw up everything on paper once. Uh, write it!
This time we have compiled it so that we write for 3 weeks and leave time for corrections in the 4th week. In addition, a ScriptCoaching (at the ScriptDock coach of your choice) beckons as absolute perseverance reinforcement!
If you want to prioritize an idea from the Space of Potential for a month and expose it to the reality of WORDS on PAPER (because that's the only way it can find its way into the world), give it a binding space to do so and the best conditions!
The marathon conditions:
You don't write alone - persevering together is absolutely motivating!
- There is a deadline and a real commitment to keep it!
- It is allowed to be raw and unfinished for the time being, perfectionism is not allowed!
- You can use the last week to write either a long project to the end, or to revise your pilot/short film/treatment.
No matter the project size, if you finish, you receive a small ScriptCoaching (up to 60 pages) where an experienced coach will guide you to strengthen your vision and voice.
- If you are diligent you can present their project to production partners at the PITCH EVENT in JULY (4. - 25.7.)!
- In any case, writing through the story once produces a lot of insight, and always provides a deepening of your knowledge of the characters and their story!
The commitment and investment in your project provides something on every level:
SELF CONFIDENCE to reliably reach your own goals.
TRAINING in the process of developing your material.
CRAFT through feedback from the coaches and the possible exchange with colleagues.
And for those who are still hesitant: write 3 script pages a day. That is feasible!
Of course, the project should already have a certain maturity, at least the outline of the plot on 5 pages. If you have less, you can develop an outline in a marathon!
We are looking forward to run with you ;-*
Paula & Frank & Carmen
Your ScriptDock Team