scriptDOCK offers a haven for screenwriters to present themselves, collaborate, network, and to market their work.
The digital age is taking narrative culture to the next level. ScriptDock connects screenwriters and creates opportunities to collectively tackle common obstacles.
In order to tap into the diversity of ideas and well-developed scripts, scriptDock is dedicated to connecting writers with other industry members.
Werde Teil der scriptDock Community:
scriptDOCK is literally a dock for scripts in developement. It has three operative sections:
- the DryDOCK is a protected area for writers who are seeking feedback for the various stages of a work in progress. Based on a fair-trade system, constructive critique and valuable reviews can be exchanged.
- the section PITCHES is a platform to attract possible producers to a project. The author controls how much of his content is shown to whom.
- the section PROFILES gives screenwriters an individual page to present themselves.
How does that work?
Authors can share resources, structural knowledge, and industry talk; they may inspire, find, and correct each other's work. Constructive feedback helps to take the individual work to the next level, thus increasing the quality of the work in general.
Have you been in this situation? A deadline is approaching and you´re desperately searching for a fresh set of eyes on your project. It can be crucial to find the flaws before it is presented to a decision-maker. Preferably a test reader who knows what is required from a screenwriter – and someone who's available in time.
In a pool with other writers chances are higher to find that set of eyes.
To encourage a high standard, each review will be rated by the community.
And if you only want to test the waters with your loglines first:
Any creative process thrives on a healthy dose of risk. This often means phases of inspiration are followed by phases of cluelessness and despair. Struggle is usually included.
However, the horrible phases are actually huge chances: They can lead to break-throughs to new, truly original solutions. This artistic gold is found off the beaten paths and it takes guts to go there. In this process of forging a new path, we accompany you with experience, effective tools, and love for the writing human being.
A review by a Script Coach includes more than just dramaturgical feedback, it offers guidance through the development process, because we believe: If the creator of a story steps into a dynamic, flowing process, the script will become dynamic, flowing and unique.
Screenwriters take the stage confidently, presenting themselves as the passionate artists they are, who's work is greatly reflecting and shaping our cultural identity. We present these artists with a unique profile to the public. Those who like to take it to the next level can get their own professional website with us.
Each individual profile attracts more traffic if pooled with others of the same profession.
This section is a marketplace for scripts in various stages of development. Here producers are invited to:
- easily browse through professional pitches
- find stories sortet by tags and relevent search criteria
- see the ratings of pitches by independant readers
- tap into the visions of independent writers
Scripts are critical to any film's success; scriptDock enhances the writing process.
Each writer and each story is unique.
Every author and every stage of script development requires collaboration in different degrees. Here screenwriters select according to their personal needs:
- To connect and present themselves on the platform at PROFILES.
- To find nurture and encouragement throughout the sometimes challenging writing process at DRYDOCK, gaining structural insights to venture more deeply into a story.
- To find partners for a protected environment during the maturing phase of a project at DRYDOCK, to eventually participate in a fair and healthy competition at PITCHES. Pitches are designed to reward endurance and talent and to float the bests drafts of the community to the top.
You choose what you currently want!
ScriptDOCKs service for other industry members is to float the good scripts to the top.
Through a carefully programmed structure in section PITCHES using the data available to a pitch, including the community response, promising work will be highlighted.
An annual best-of list will celebrate outstanding pitches.