Forum / "Not allowed to Review"

"Not allowed to Review"

@Joee @Joee

I've followed all the instructions to update my profile.  And then in my Dashboard it says I need to review "Keep yourself Warm." 
But everytime I click on that link I'm told:
"You are not allowed to Review" and I need to update my profile... but I've already updated it?

@paula_red @paula_red

Hey Joee,

One thing that is required in order to review is you have "experience with scriptwriting", as we allow only writers to review each other's work. Try what happens when you select that, ok?

Best wishes!

Paula

@Joee @Joee

@paula_red

Hey Joee,

One thing that is required in order to review is you have "experience with scriptwriting", as we allow only writers to review each other's work. Try what happens when you select that, ok?

Best wishes!

Paula

Hi Paula,
I already have selected "screenwriting" in the "proficiencies" box, and listed that my education was Immersion Screenwriting.
But it still says I'm not allowed to review.  :(

@paula_red @paula_red

Okay, hm... I'm not sure then, the programmer would have to look at it but it's Sunday. 

You can try to fill in a full name. We put much thought into making the feedback as constructive as possible and one factor is to let everyone show up with a name and face. There is no way to post anonymous critiques, as they tend to be rather destructive. Maybe try that until Monday? Thanks for your patience! Paula

@Joee @Joee

Okay - I'll sit tight and hope the programmer can find a solution.

I assume if we find a solution my time to review will be reset?  It's currently saying I have only fifteen hours left to review.

@paula_red @paula_red

Yes, that will be renewed :-)

@frank_hellenkamp @frank_hellenkamp

Hi Joee!

Welcome to scriptDock!

You didn't validate your Email yet... So that is the reason, why you're not allowed to review scripts (apparently this is missing from our error description).

After you validated your email address, you will be able to read and review.

If the Validation Email haven't reach you yet, please make sure to check in your Spam folder too.

@Joee @Joee

Ah - thankyou!  That was the problem.  Apparently gmail put it in the spam folder because it was in a different language than I usually use.

:)

@Joee @Joee

Oh - now I have a new problem.  
When I ask for a new script to review I have made sure I selected only "English" but the script I have been given is "Three Drops" which is written in German (I think).

I could use the "translate" button, but I'm aware much may be lost in the translation.  How do I avoid being given scripts not written in English?
(Because I can only read/write in the one language :(

@frank_hellenkamp @frank_hellenkamp

Apparently the user chose the incorrect language (we don't do auto detection for languages at the moment).

Just ignore it for now.

And I will delete your assignment for the review.

@Joee @Joee

Thanks Frank!  :)

You have to login first to post something.